ST. JOHN of ROCHESTER PARISH TITHING
Each month St. John of Rochester Parish, on behalf of you the parishioners, tithes a percentage of the regular collection to worthy ministries and charities. The recipients of your tithes are selected by the Parish Tithing Committee based on suggestions made by you, the parishioners. The committee reviews those suggestions and selects those that best fit the following criteria. The committee has a budget each fiscal year to make contributions on behalf of the parish to worthy organizations.
OUR TITHES FOR THE MONTHS OF JUNE & JULY 2022 WILL GO TO:
HOUSE OF MERCY
PERINTON FOOD SHELF
CAMILLUS BROWN BAG LUNCH
ST. PETER'S KITCHEN
BLESSED SACRAMENT SUPPER
ST. JOSEPH'S HOUSE of HOSPITALITY
CAMERON COMMUNITY CENTER
The Parish Tithing Committee invites any parishioner to suggest a contribution to any organization that meets the established criteria. The committee gives priority to organizations that contribute directly to meeting basic human needs.
Parish Tithing Criteria:
1. Priority shall be given to:
Contributions directly meeting basic, human, life sustaining needs.
Formal organizations. Contributions will be made to individuals only at the discretion of the pastor.
Local needs first, diocesan second, all others third. We shall not exclude, however, consideration of genuine needs anywhere.
Projects not funded by major benefactors and not receiving continuing funding.
Suggestions made by parishioners.
Requests for contributions to be used for a specific purpose or project.
2. Consideration will be given to the degree of impact that a contribution would have, i.e., how badly missed if not made; how badly needed.
3. The contributions shall be made to non-governmental organizations. The organization must not be political in nature. We expect recipients to be not-for-profit organizations.
4. No contribution shall be made to any agency or organization that is known to be in opposition to core Catholic teachings.
5. The agency/organization receiving funding must be characterized by low administrative costs.
6. The agency/organization receiving funding must be willing to disclose financial data.
Committee Members as of JUNE 2017
Dave Kozody - Chairman
BELOW YOU CAN VIEW SOME PICTURES OF THE VARIOUS MINISTRIES THAT HAVE BEEN TIHING RECIPIENTS FROM ST. JOHNS IN THE RECENT PAST.
(To see full screen click on any picture.)
TO OBTAIN A SHARING SUGGESTION FORM CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK: